Narrative Portrait Commissions
Narrative Portraits tell personal stories that you’d like to honour and celebrate.
Some people call them love, captured in an image.
Your Narrative Portrait might be nostalgic. Or it may be aspirational, representing visions of a life that is in the process of becoming true.
Either way, your Narrative Portrait begins with your stories.
First, you'll tell me about a loved one or yourself, plus some memories or some dreams.
Perhaps: memories of childhood activities or places you once knew, or visions of standing on that big stage, working a new dream job, or basking in retirement.
Together, we'll envision a meaningful embodiment of those stories or dreams.
Then, I artfully blend your photos with my custom drawings and elements unique to your story to create a personalized work of art.
Capture the essence of a journey or the love that you share for someone through your very own narrative portrait.
A perfect gift for celebrating a big birthday, graduation, retirement, or wedding.
"I absolutely love the collage that Tzaddi created as a treasured gift for my sister. Tzaddi did an exceptional job of completely capturing the essence of our childhood. She included hand drawn elements that were a subtle but really important symbol of our mom. And I felt fully supported during the intimate process of gathering the photos, answering the questions and pulling the pieces together which could have easily become very overwhelming. Tzaddi was professional and delivered on time but probably most importantly, I could feel just how much she truly cared about this piece and what it represents for me which you can feel when you look at it. "
— Leah Goard
Need a unique gift for a summer wedding? Order your own Narrative Portrait!
The Narrative Portrait package includes:
- 11x14 fine art print
- High resolution digital file to share with family or print additional copies yourself
- Regular shipping in Canada or USA
- Shipped with a mat board to make your print look it's best and keep it that way when you frame it.
The package above costs $297.00
I'm happy to customize your package on request! Please inquire for other sizes, additional prints, expedited shipping, or shipping outside of Canada/USA
How it works
- Upon purchase, you'll receive a questionnaire along with a small guide that walks you through gathering the best possible images for your commission.
- Once I receive your questionnaire and images, we'll clarify the vision for your commission, then I’ll begin creating it.
- You'll receive a draft composition for review
- You'll send feedback to me
- I'll refine the composition, and send the digital proof
- You approve the proof
- Your fine art quality print is shipped to you and your high resolution digital file is sent electronically.
Typically it takes about 3-4 weeks from when I receive your photos to when your order ships. If you need to receive your print less than 6 weeks from purchase, please email me with your due date so we can confirm feasibility of meeting your date.
Ready to order your Narrative Portrait?
Click the button below to order yours now. If you're not sure yet and have questions, please email me and I'll be glad to help you.
"I absolutely love the final piece! I feel Tzaddi captured the literal and figurative themes of my children perfectly. I would recommend her to anyone!"
— Jermaine Jay Lane
Let's tell your story together.
Order your Narrative Portrait here:
About the artist
Hi! I'm Tzaddi Gordon. I'm an artist, illustrator, and designer based on the west coast of Canada. I create at least a little every day because art and creativity makes the world a better place.
For my clients and customers I create:
- commissioned art and illustrations
- visual branding and graphic design
- product design (think artful schwag or client gifts, leveraging your brand through product sales)
- my own line of artful products